- This event has passed.
Three State Beef Conference
January 13 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Each webinar will begin at 7:00 PM Central Time and will last for about an hour. Registration will cover all three days and an email will be sent once you register at: https://unl.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7OcoslzVSnqK9z9Rn5c1mg
January 12: What’s on the horizon for the cattle industry: pricing changes, profit drivers and other possibilities in 2021
• Dr. Scott Brown, University of Missouri
• This presentation will drill into the key issues that will affect producers’ bottom lines in 2021 and will provide focus on cattle markets as COVID-19 recovery begins. This presentation will also tackle the price discovery issues currently facing the industry and possible changes in the year ahead.
January 13: Making Selection Successful: Aligning trait emphasis with market endpoints.
• Dr. Bob Weaber, Kansas State University
• Selection pressure is a scarce commodity and producers should carefully align selection decisions and breeding systems to make environmentally adapted replacement females and market targeted calves.
January 14: Value of Connected Data
• Justin Sexton, Performance Livestock Analytics
• The ability to convert data into decisions is a key value driver across the supply chain. This presentation will review emerging and existing tools to improve decision accuracy and timeliness.
Dr. Kacie McCarthy, Beef Cow-Calf Specialist, 402-472-6074, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mary Drewnoski, Beef Systems Specialist, 402-472-6289, email@example.com
Connor Biehler, Beef Educator, 217-273-6056, firstname.lastname@example.org