- This event has passed.
Packer Consolidation – are they breaking the law? Webinar
April 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Topics that we will be covering:
- History of antitrust law in the United States
- Antitrust enforcement in the meat packing industry
- Available options to producers: how to change the current structure
- Failure of merger law to succeed
- Role of the Packers & Stockyards Act and its relevancy in recent market disruptions (Holcomb & COVID)
Peter C. Carstensen is a Professor of Law Emeritus. From 1993 to 2002 he served as Associate Dean for Faculty Research and Development at the UW Law School. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin, and received his law degree and a master’s degree in economics from Yale University. From 1968 to 1973, he was an attorney at the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice assigned to the Evaluation Section, where one of his primary areas of work was on questions of relating competition policy and law to regulated industries. He has been a member of the faculty of the UW Law School since 1973. He is a Senior Fellow of the American Antitrust Institute.
** After you register an email confirmation will be sent to you.
The webinars are for Nebraska Cattlemen members and guests that are interested in learning more about Nebraska Cattlemen. Webinars will be recorded and available on the NC website.
For more information about this webinar contact Bonita firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-450-0223 voice/text