Nebraska Department of Agriculture

  • Hay and Forage Hotline- The “hay and forage hotline” was created to connect buyers and sellers of hay, pasture, and other types of forage. This service is free to both buyers and sellers. The hotline is 402-471-4876, to see more information HERE.
  • List of resources for the drought on Nebraska Department of Agriculture HERE.

USDA Drought Programs and Assistance

  • Farm Service Agency
    • Disaster Designations can be found HERE.
    • Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) provides compensation for eligible livestock producers who have suffered grazing losses due to drought or fire on land that is native or improved pastureland with permanent vegetative cover,  or that is planted specifically for grazing. Learn more about LFP.
    • Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) provides benefits to livestock producers for livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather or by attacks by animals reintroduced into the wild by the federal government. Learn more about LIP.
    • Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish (ELAP) provides emergency assistance to eligible producers of livestock, honeybees, and farm-raised fish for losses due to disease (including cattle tick fever), adverse weather, or other conditions, such as blizzards and wildfires, not covered by LFP and LIP. Learn more about ELAP. (Livestock specific)
    • Emergency Livestock Relief Program (ELRP) provides livestock producers, who have approved applications through the 2021 Livestock Forage Disaster Program for forage losses due to severe drought or wildfire, and emergency relief payments to compensate for increases in supplemental feed costs. No producer applications are required.
    • Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) helps farmers and ranchers repair damage to farmlands caused by natural disasters and helps put in place water conservation methods during severe drought. Learn more about ECP.
    • Emergency Haying and Grazing Read more HERE

UNL Drought Resources

  • Learn more about resources HERE.