WORKING FOR NEBRASKA BEEF PRODUCERS – PASTURE TO PLATE
In any business, you have responsibilities. In the cattle business, belonging to Nebraska Cattlemen is one of them.
WHO IS NEBRASKA CATTLEMEN?
Nebraska Cattlemen began with Nebraska Stockgrowers in 1888, and merged with Nebraska Livestock Feeders Association, and Nebraska Feedlot Council to form Nebraska Cattlemen in 1988. We are organized to protect members’ financial interest. Proactive in nature, Nebraska Cattlemen works through public policy to develop a positive business climate for members and develops several educational opportunities for members. Governed by a Board of Directors whose members are selected by nine regions of the state – by the four segment councils and the six policy areas with local affiliate across the state representing the grassroots members.
- A climate that promotes profitability for the cattle industry
- Awareness that our product is food
- Minimal government intervention in our businesses
- Property taxes should not be the resources of choice for funding government
- Being good stewards of the land is vital
- Animal care and well being area our business
WHAT WE DO
- Regulatory Affairs
- Legislative Affairs
- Meetings and Events
- Beef Quality Assurance
- Market Reporting Services