Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance March 2021 Webinar
Beef Quality Assurance is a nationally coordinated, state implemented program that provides systematic information to U.S. beef producers and beef consumers of how common sense husbandry techniques can be coupled with accepted scientific knowledge to raise cattle under optimum management and environmental conditions.
Why is BQA Important?
- Demonstrates commitment to food safety and quality
- Safeguards the public image of the beef and dairy industry
- Upholds consumer confidence in beef and beef products
- Protects from governmental regulation
How you can get certified.
- In-person training
- On-line here
Producer Continuing Education – BQA Recertification
- Participation in a BQA Assessment of your operation by the BQA State Coordinator or approved party
- Attending 6 hours (over a 3 year period) of approved BQA continuing ed events posted online at bqa.unl.edu and submit proof you attended to the Director of Nebraska BQA.
- Extension education opportunities that take producers on a deeper dive in industry production practices.
Questions regarding Nebraska Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) contact:
Listen to and/or watch the BQA Webinar below: